It is unlikely to have escaped your attention that there are some major changes happening to the Data Protection Legislation within the UK on 25th May 2018 when the new Data Protection Bill comes into force replacing the 1998 Data Protection Act. With no transition period for the new regulations to bed in and potential fines of 4% of global annual turnover or €20m (whichever is greater) for non-compliance, it is not something that businesses can ignore
Whilst you will have to take separate action with regards to data you hold and process for marketing purposes, I can help guide you and your business with the actions you need to take with regards to the information you hold on employees and the changes to the relevant documents.
Cherington HR is offering a package that will include
1. A data audit guide;
2. A detailed template Data Protection Policy to encompass the more stringent requirements of the new legislation;
3. Guidance on the appropriate retention periods for employee/ HR
4. Two separate template privacy notices:
a) For job applicants;
b) For employees;
5. Amended written statements of particulars (contracts of employment) – I will update your most recent template;
6. An amended staff handbook with the affected sections updated to reflect the new regulations.
The documents will be ready from mid-March, so if you would like to take advantage of this offer, please get in touch today so that I can give you a personalised quote and schedule the work for you.
If you have not already read it, there is a useful summary of the extent of the changes coming into force at http://cheringtonhr.com/newsletters.php?id=403