An employee handbook is a useful tool in ensuring that employees understand what is expected of them. Furthermore, it provides the employer with an excellent way of proving that it has communicated vital rules that it expects its employees to abide by during employment. These will vary by the type of business, but may include policies on:
- Appropriate use of IT systems;
- Driving on business and use of mobile phones;
- The use of alcohol and drugs;
- Harassment and Bullying;
- Grievance, Disciplinary and Capability procedures;
- Arrangements and entitlements to statutory leave - e.g. maternity, paternity and emergency domestic leave.
Handbooks are tailored to suit the nature of the organisation - they can just contain the basics to provide a minimum degree of comfort, or they can be developed in more detail to cover extended material on general terms and conditions; services and amenities; company policies; and employee entitlements.
Click here to contact Cherington HR to discuss your employee handbook requirements.